Quick as Thieves: The Run
Set in iconic Albert Park, the scenic trail circles the lake in a 5 km long loop and consists of a mix of concrete, gravel and sand in various sections. The lake is situated in the heart of Albert Park, an oasis just 3 km outside of Melbourne CBD.
During the run, participants are treated to some of the most spectacular panoramic views back towards the city's ever growing skyline. Participants can choose between four different events.
Runners will spend up to 12 hours to finish this ultimate challenge.
Start at 7am for 8 1/2 laps around the lake to conquer the distance.
For the fast and furious, four laps and a bit to reach the finish line.
Two hot laps around the lake
In order to keep Quick as Thieves an entry free event we need your help. This event is as much a physical challenge as it is a very important fundraising event!
We count on your commitment, that by signing up for this event, you promise to try and reach the pledged minimum fundraising target of $1,000, an amount to help restore sight to up to 40 needlessly blind people!
While Quick as Thieves is organised by volunteers, there are substantial costs involved to run this event, such as insurance, permits, logistics, signage, bibs, first aid, medals, T-shirts, just to name a few. All these costs must be paid up front and sometimes months in advance. We work hard to find enough generous sponsors to help us cover these costs and as a result keep Quick as Thieves a free event for everyone.
Thank you for your support!
raised to continue Fred’s work
people will have their sight restored
people are stepping up
- Tiana just registered for Quick as Thieves Half Marathon
- Hot Girl Summer just created a team in Quick as Thieves Half Marathon
- Robert Frost just donated $112.00
- Run4Vision just created a team in Quick As Thieves 10 km
- Rudy Ramirez just donated $50.00
- Annabelle just registered for Quick As Thieves 10 km
- Lydia Shortis just donated $112.00
- Lydia just registered for Quick as Thieves Half Marathon
- Brooke just registered for Quick as Thieves Marathon
- Lucy just registered for Quick As Thieves 10 km
- Madeline Slack just donated $25.00
- Madeline just registered for Quick As Thieves 10 km
- Catherine MacLean just donated $112.00
- Darcy just registered for Quick as Thieves Marathon
- Harry just registered for Quick as Thieves Half Marathon
- Jamie just registered for Quick as Thieves Marathon
- Emilia just donated $77.00
- Matt just registered for Quick as Thieves Half Marathon
- Alexandra Robson just donated $112.00
- Alexandra just registered for Quick As Thieves 10 km
The Fred Hollows Foundation
For more than 30 years now, with the support from people like Thick as Thieves, The Fred Hollows Foundation was able to restore sight to over 3 million people around the world.
Today more than ever we need your help, there are over 43 million people who are blind and over 295 million who are vision impaired and sadly, 9 out of 10 people do not have to be blind!
A small procedure costing as little as $25 can help restore sight to these people.
Each step you take and each dollar you raise will help these people to get not only their sight but also their dignity back – you will help change lives for ever!
What the community has to say...
“One biggest things that i've taken away from training is just being able to feel fit and healthy and my blood is just pulsing through my whole body you know I just i feel alive again…"
"The benefits have been ridiculous. The resilience that you build up when you're running in the rain and doing things that you wouldn't normally do and pushing yourself has rippled out into the rest of my life…”
"The 5 month’s training can be hard (although still fun!), but it teaches you to show up for yourself, to run a half or full marathon is one of the greatest feelings and accomplishments, every year you just want to do better than the year before.”